In each Pretty Lady, a MargitMae reader will share her favorite products that keep her lovely and healthy. If you would like to participate as a Pretty Lady (or Pretty Man!), please send me an email – I’d love to hear from you!
Look, friends! It’s Pamela from PemberleyJones.com!
One of my favorite internet haunts is Pemberley Jones, a blog about natural makeup and skincare. Written by an aesthetician and makeup artist, Pemberley Jones is a great resource for finding out about quality natural products that perform. I’ve been following Pemberley Jones on Twitter for a while and was thrilled when she agreed to be a Pretty Lady on MargitMae. In her own words, here is a bit about the lady behind Pemberley Jones as well as a few of her favorite products:
- My name is not Pemberley. It’s Pamela! I am a card carrying Jane-ite and Pemberley has been a favorite name since I first read Pride and Prejudice in high school. (It’s also a much more available social media moniker.)
- I am obsessed with my cats. I have two, they are bro-cats (brother cats) named Jake and Elwood. (I totally have a favorite, it’s Jake. This doesn’t bode well for my parenting skills.)
Painting & drawing, (although it’s been a verrry long time since I’ve done either.)
Watching really really bad TV shows
Reading. The last series I really enjoyed was Game of Thrones, so now I worry daily about the health of George R R Martin.
Favorite Beauty Products:
- Baking Soda& Apple Cidar VinegarI recently talked about my hair woes on the blog, and while I have found a shampoo I like, I am grateful that I have this combo if I ever get lost in the shampoo aisle again. Most natural shampoos are oil based and or have silicone in them and it builds up in my hair really quickly. Cleansing with baking soda and water gets rid of all of it and allows me to reset my hair if I travel too far down the path of the grease-ball. The apple cider vinegar restores the pH balance. It’s not perfect and it’s not for every day, but it’s my hair’s home base.
- RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek Ever since I was a teenager I’ve used lipstick on my cheeks. I love the look of flushed cheeks with lips to match. RMS Beauty’s Lip2Cheek makes that easy and beautiful to achieve and it nourishes your skin while doing it. It’s my perfect makeup.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil I’m a big fan of beauty rituals, and using this oil has become my nightly ritual. The scent is intoxicating and it feels amazing on my skin. It’s a multi-use product for hair and skin and I’ve seen a real difference since using it. Fine lines have softened and my complexion is more evenly toned. Plus, it’s ethically and sustainably sourced so you can feel great about your purchase. I’m hooked for life!